Social Media for Network Marketing – Five Business-Building Strategies
Social Media for Network Marketing… Five years ago, if someone said I’d be writing about this, I wouldn’t have believed it. Even though team building singapore these days everyone under the sun seems to be on Facebook, this strategy of marketing is relatively new, considering network marketing has been around for nearly 100 years.
When I began in this field just seven years ago, most companies actually had policies against promoting on social media for network marketing, because it was not yet understood. Now, distributors are actually encouraged to use it for network marketing.
Years ago, my friend encouraged me to get on Facebook, and I thought, “Oh no, another inbox!” I resisted it, yet I quickly realized social media for network marketing is an excellent way to find leads, build my opt-in list, support my team, build community, and attract more people to our business. Now I think of this as one of the best resources we have in our industry.
Here are 5 Strategies for Leveraging Social Media for Network Marketing:
Strategy #1 — Be Social
It’s called social for a reason. Just as you meet people at work, networking functions, barbeques, and your child’s sporting events, social media for network marketing is about connecting with others.
Look at people’s profiles and check out what pages they like, so you can find a common ground to start a conversation. Comment on and “like” other people’s posts. Spend time engaging back-and-forth on conversation threads.
Participating in groups is also a wonderful strategy for utilizing social media for network marketing. You can discover groups for just about any interest in LinkedIn, Facebook, and even Twitter, and cultivate relationships with other people who are interested in a common topic. And, remember to listen! If you are doing all the talking, then you are missing out.
Strategy #2 — Be Personal
Consider social media for network marketing just as you think of socializing in your day-to-day life. Share about yourself on a personal note and open up about things you care about. Just as it is in person, it is in social networking – If you only gab about your business, people’s eyes glaze over at some point.
In my own experience, whenever I share something personal like a birthday dinner, pictures from a trip I took, or even an insight I had while exercising, those are the posts that seem to spark the most comments.
Share from an authentic place, so your audience can see “you.” The more YOU comes out, the more you will draw the perfect people for you. The old saying “Stories sell, facts tell” is so true! Get personal by sharing stories, quotes of wisdom, genuine questions, and photos!
Strategy #3 — Be Consistent
Perhaps the most critical strategy for using social media for network marketing, is to be consistent. Put in the time so you can get results and be regular about it. When you stay in people’s awareness, you’ll be more successful at using social media for network marketing. My own personal goal is to invest an hour each day prospecting, connecting, and conversing on the social media sites, because it makes a difference.
A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule. Spend 80% of your time providing value – that is what earns you the right to present your offer for the remaining 20%. Position yourself as someone who regularly provides value!
Social media for network marketing is not a tactic for overnight success. You may get quick results yet, more likely, one day out of the blue a friend will say, “I’ve been reading your posts all year.” Next thing you know you have a new business builder in Singapore.
Strategy #4 — Take it Offline
Social media for network marketing is excellent for expanding your reach, yet it is not meant to take the place of picking up the phone and calling your warm leads. Social media is meant to be in-addition-to. I have gotten in touch with people from my past on the social media sites, and it has been a wonderful way to reconnect.
Then, take it offline. Invite them to connect on the phone or over coffee!
Social media is also excellent for turning your cold market into a warm one. As you connect with new people by socializing on these sites you establish relationships, making the invitation to connect offline a natural next step.
By the way, don’t rush to share your opportunity. Be a great listener and ask a lot of questions. You should have at least 3 conversations back and forth before you present your business or products (unless, of course, they ask you to share).