Winning Percentage – Not the Whole Story

We as a whole want to be correct. Consider when you were in school – you gave a valiant effort to be correct, and you were reviewed on your endeavors. You stepped through normalized exams to quantify how right you were. For your entire life, you have attempted to pick the correct profession, the correct life partner, the ideal spot to live. Everybody needs to be correct.

Be that as it may, being correct doesn’t make a difference – at any rate with regards to exchanging. Actually, attempting to be directly by having a high level of winning percentage calculator exchanges is typically a catastrophe waiting to happen.

When assessing exchanging frameworks, numerous individuals first gander at winning rate (level of “rightness”). They will, crazy, excuse any framework beneath their targets, which is ordinarily 75% successes or higher. More terrible yet, numerous individuals will attempt to be directly by declining to assume a misfortune. Shockingly, misfortunes left open will in general get bigger and bigger, exacerbating things.

Why is taking a gander at winning rate alone hazardous? Maybe a model will help. Take 2 exchanging frameworks – in exchanging framework A, 90% of the time you win $1. The other 10% of the time you lose $10. In exchanging framework B, 10% of the time you win $10, and 90% of the time you lose $1.

A great many people will choose framework A, since it wins 90% of the time. All things considered, who can deal with winning just 10% of the time?

While the facts confirm that low winning rate frameworks are difficult to mentally deal with (it is difficult being off-base multiple times out of 10), in some cases those are better since a long time ago run frameworks.

How would you know? A straightforward computation called “hope” lets you know. Hope is determined as follows:

Anticipation = ( % win * avg win $) + ( % misfortune * avg misfortune $)

% win = winning rate, communicated as decimal

avg win $ = dollar estimation of normal winning exchange

% misfortune = losing rate, communicated as decimal

avg misfortune $ = dollar estimation of normal losing exchange (must be under zero)

To normalize it, numerous individuals at that point separate this number by the supreme estimation of normal misfortune.

The significant thing with hope is that in the event that it is under zero, YOU HAVE A LOSING SYSTEM. Take a gander at the model above. Exchanging framework A has a negative anticipation, however framework B has a positive one.

Leave a Comment